Friday, March 10, 2006

Acceptance is not Love


I accept that Stephen Harper is our Prime-Minister and I'm not going to deny that fact. But I sure as hell don't love Mr. Harper (or necessarily respect him or his policies).

I also accept that there are two sides to any debate, and will listen to both arguments. But I don't think this constitutes love in any way either.

Milton presents us with more than one option because he wants to demonstrate our free will to choose between them. In other words, Milton may present both sides, but he still wants to push us in one direction. He is still opposed to certain aspects, and just because he admits they exist doesn’t mean he’s being a loving person. If anything, it makes him more malicious due to the fact that he gives the appearance to two choices, while stripping one so bare that you are only left with one plausible choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home